Welcome to COBRA!!
To get you started, here is some basic information to help you take advantage of all the club has to offer.
- Join the Club – The first thing to do is to sign up to join-the-club. You probably already did that if you’re reading this page, but if not, that’s step #1.
- Register on BadWeb – BadWeb (BadWeatherBikers or BadWeb for short) is an online community for Buell Motorcycle enthusiasts – just like you! There are a number of Buell forums and communities out there, and many of us participate in several of them to some degree, but in our opinion…BadWeb is arguably the best there is. There is a strong camaraderie with a lot of heavy participation from newbies, old timers, and everyone in between. It’s also the home of our own COBRA club forum (see link to the Forum at the top of our website) so you’ll need to register in order to participate in discussions. Once you’ve registered, login to the forum and give us a shout out!
Be sure to also enable email alerts for forum posts.
- Once you’ve completed your site registration, EDIT your profile.
- Go to the E-mail Notification section in your profile.
- Check the box next to Storm Fronts, then click the Choose button.
- COBRA is proud to be one of the more recognized groups and therefore we’re right up near the top of the list. You’ll notice our COBRA logo.
- Check the box next to COBRA then scroll down and click Save.
- Finally, scroll down in your profile and click Save Profile Changes
- Print out BRAN (Buell Riders Assistance Network) – BadWeb keeps a list of Buell owner’s that are willing to help riders in need if you run into a problem out on a ride. If you ride out of town, and especially out of state or across country, you will want to keep an updated list with you. And of course, if you’re able to help in some way as well, be sure to send Kristi your information by simply posting at the bottom of the page. People helping people is what it’s about.
- Register at Buell.com – If you’re a new Buell owner, you’ll want to register on Buell’s own site as an owner. You will get access to back issues of Fuell, the Buell magazine, as well as delivery of the hardcopy within the United States. Which if you’re signing up for COBRA you’re located in Central Ohio, and the last we checked – we’re still part of the Union.
- Send Info to COBRA – At a minimum, we ask that you provide us with the following information. If you didn’t provide this complete information in the Join the Club request form, please send an email to email@example.com with:
- First and last name
- Home address (or at least your city)
- Mobile phone – this is how we stay in contact on group rides and meets
- BadWeb handle
- Your bike(s) year and model
- Pics – We all love to see each others bikes! Send in any pics of you and your bike that you would like to have posted on the COBRA site. We’ll include them in our Flickr account which will be linked to your name on the Members page, and viewable through the website. If you happen to use an online picture organizer already (Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa Web, etc.) and would rather manage your own pictures, simply provide a link to your Buell specific photo album.
- Flickr – Speaking of Flickr, you can see our club pics through the COBRA website. Simply click the menu link for Pictures. If you use Flickr, you’re welcome to link to our Flickr account as well. Our account name is COBRABuell. Betcha couldn’t have figured that one out .
- Events – Finally, be sure to check out the Event Calendar for upcoming events. The calender is hosted at Google but viewable through the COBRA website. If you happen to use GMail calendering yourself, feel free to add the COBRA events to your own calendar. You can do this through the settings of your GMail calendar by adding a public calendar. Our Google account is…yup, you guessed it – firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s about it to get you well on your way to being an active member in COBRA. And once again, welcome to a great group of Buell enthusiasts in Central Ohio!